How to Use SPIRIVA RESPIMAT
Remove clear base
- Keep the cap closed.
- Press the safety catch while firmly pulling off the clear base with your other hand. Be careful not to touch the piercing element.
- Write the discard by date on the label (3 months from the date the cartridge is inserted).
- Insert the narrow end of the cartridge into the inhaler.
- Place the inhaler on a firm surface and push down firmly until it clicks into place.
Replace clear base
- Put the clear base back into place until it clicks.
- Do not remove the clear base or the cartridge after it has been put together.
- Keep the cap closed.
- Turn the clear base in the direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
- Open the cap until it snaps fully open.
- Point the inhaler toward the ground.
- Press the dose-release button.
- Close the cap.
- If you do not see a mist, repeat steps 4 to 6 until a mist is seen.
- After a mist is seen, repeat steps 4 to 6 three more times.
- After complete preparation of your inhaler, it will be able to deliver the number of puffs on the label.
3 steps for daily use
After preparing the inhaler, there are 3 steps to using SPIRIVA RESPIMAT every day. A helpful way to remember the steps for daily use is to think T.O.P.:
- the clear base
- the cap and close your lips around the mouthpiece
- the dose-release button and inhale the mist
These steps should be performed 2 times, once daily, to receive the proper dose. For detailed instructions on using your SPIRIVA RESPIMAT inhaler, please see the Instructions for Use.
Remember to take 2 Puffs, Once Daily
It may take up to 4 to 8 weeks of treatment with SPIRIVA RESPIMAT for your breathing to improve.Watch our video for a demonstration
Before you use SPIRIVA RESPIMAT for the first time, and each time you refill your prescription, carefully read the Instructions for Use. Children should use SPIRIVA RESPIMAT with the help of an adult, as instructed by their doctor. Watch the video for an overview of how to use the SPIRIVA RESPIMAT inhaler.
Tips for making SPIRIVA RESPIMAT part of your daily routine:
In order to get the full benefits of SPIRIVA RESPIMAT, you need to take it every day. It helps to take SPIRIVA RESPIMAT as part of a daily routine. Here are some tips that may help:
- Take SPIRIVA RESPIMAT at the same time every day
- Set a daily reminder or alarm on your computer, mobile phone, or watch
How do I store SPIRIVA RESPIMAT?
- Store SPIRIVA RESPIMAT at room temperature: 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Do not freeze your SPIRIVA RESPIMAT cartridge and inhaler.
- If SPIRIVA RESPIMAT has not been used for more than 3 days, release 1 puff toward the ground.
- If SPIRIVA RESPIMAT has not been used for more than 21 days, repeat steps 4 to 6 under "Preparing and Priming Instructions" until a mist is visible. Then repeat steps 4 to 6 three more times.
- Keep SPIRIVA RESPIMAT and all medicines out of the reach of children
Need More Help Using SPIRIVA RESPIMAT?
Call Solutions Plus for live support.
- Representatives are available to help Monday–Friday 8:00 AM–8:00 PM ET: 1‑888‑454‑9053
- Nurses are available to help you learn the proper technique for using your inhaler
Pay as little as $0* for SPIRIVA RESPIMAT for asthma—even if you have insuranceSave from the Start
*Some eligibility restrictions apply.