Safety and Side Effects
Who should not take SPIRIVA RESPIMAT?
Do not use SPIRIVA RESPIMAT if you are allergic to tiotropium, ipratropium, or any ingredient in SPIRIVA RESPIMAT. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include swelling of the lips, tongue or throat, trouble swallowing, itching or rash.
What is the most important information I should know about SPIRIVA RESPIMAT?
- SPIRIVA RESPIMAT is not a rescue medicine and should not be used for treating sudden breathing problems. Your health care provider may give you other medicine to use for sudden breathing problems.
- Immediate allergic reactions including hives, swelling of the lips, tongue or throat, sudden breathing problems, trouble swallowing, rash or itching may occur after taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT. If this happens, stop taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT and seek immediate medical help.
- If your breathing suddenly gets worse while taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT, use your rescue medicine. Stop taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT and seek immediate medical help.
- If you have eye pain or discomfort, blurred vision or vision changes, seeing halos or colored images along with red eyes, stop taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT and call your doctor right away.
- If you have difficulty passing urine or painful urination, stop taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT and call your doctor right away.
- Do not let the spray get into your eyes as this may cause blurring of vision and pupil dilation.
- Dizziness and blurred vision may occur with SPIRIVA RESPIMAT. If you experience these symptoms, use caution when engaging in activities such as driving a vehicle or operating appliances or other machines.
What are the most common side effects with SPIRIVA RESPIMAT?
The most common side effects with SPIRIVA RESPIMAT in adult patients with asthma were sore throat, headache, bronchitis, and sinus infection. The side effect profile for adolescent and pediatric patients was comparable to that observed in adult patients with asthma.
These are not all possible side effects with SPIRIVA RESPIMAT.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
What about taking SPIRIVA RESPIMAT with other medications?
Do not take SPIRIVA RESPIMAT with other anticholinergic medicines. Ask your doctor if you are taking any anticholinergic medicines.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including eye drops.
What should I tell my health care provider before using SPIRIVA RESPIMAT?
Tell your health care provider about all your conditions, including if you:
- have glaucoma
- have an enlarged prostate, problems passing urine, or a blockage in your bladder
- have kidney problems
Tell your doctor all the medicines you take, including eye drops.
General information about SPIRIVA RESPIMAT
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in Patient Information leaflets. Do not use SPIRIVA RESPIMAT for a purpose for which it has not been prescribed. Do not give SPIRIVA RESPIMAT to other people even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them.
For more information about SPIRIVA RESPIMAT, talk with your doctor. You can ask your doctor or pharmacist for information about SPIRIVA RESPIMAT that is written for health professionals.
Pay as little as $0* for SPIRIVA RESPIMAT for asthma—even if you have insuranceSave from the Start
*Some eligibility restrictions apply.